Continuum is one of three consortia that have been shortlisted for this $6 billion Public Private Partnership (PPP) to build the Metro Tunnel. The Continuum consortium is made up of organisations that bring the best local and international experience to deliver this city-changing project in a manner that reflects Melbourne and cements the city's reputation as the most liveable city in the World.
About the Project
The scope of the Project includes over 9km of twin tunnels, five underground stations, station fit-out, mechanical and electrical systems, specific maintenance services for the infrastructure delivered by the package and commercial opportunities at the new stations.
Responsible for the design and construction of the project, the Construction Joint Venture is composed of Acciona Infrastructure Australia and Ferrovial Agroman (Australia). Between Acciona and Ferrovial, these experienced contractors have completed over 650km of tunnelling (including 400km of TBM tunnelling) and 200 underground stations, including the landmark Crossrail rail tunnel project in London and Barcelona Line 9 in Spain, the longest underground line in Europe with 50km of tunnels and 52 stations along the alignment. Following on from overseas successes, these contractors have now firmly cemented their tunnelling and rail credentials in Australia with the completion of Legacy Way in Queensland and the current delivery of Sydney Light Rail in New South Wales.
Continuum is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from interested suppliers and contractors for a wide range of work packages that will be required to construct the project. A list of work packages is being constantly updated and uploaded onto this ICN gateway project page.
Specific criteria that interested parties will need to comply with include:
- Health & Safety
- Quality Assurance
- Environmental & Sustainability
- Transparency & Ethics
- Conflict of Interest & Intellectual Property Rights
- Victorian Industry Participation & Local Employment
- Major Project Skills Guarantee
- Aboriginal Employment & Business Engagement
- Social Procurement
- National Code of Practice for the Construction Industry
- Commercial & Contractual Obligations
- Insurance Coverage
A Continuum supplier questionnaire pre-qualification document is listed below under the Project Documents section of this page.
Interested suppliers and contractors are encouraged to download and complete this document although it is not a compulsory requirement during the EOI phase.
Shortlisted bidders for the PPP have been asked to submit a formal proposal by early 2017. A contract is expected to be awarded by the end of 2017 with work to begin shortly thereafter.
Local Industry Participation Opportunity - 'Meet Continuum'
Continuum, together with ICN, are committed to providing full, fair and reasonable opportunity for capable local industry to participate across its supply chain opportunities, and reflect the project teams' commitment to local industry participation.
Come along to this event to meet the Continuum consortia construction project team, find out about their requirements and understand how they are building supply chain capability.
Date: Tuesday 13 December 2016
Time: 4.00pm - 6.00pm
Venue: Grand Star Reception & Convention Centre
499 Grieve Parade, Altona North, VIC 3025
CLICK HERE to register for the event.
Important notes about event registration:
- Event registration closes when maximum capacity is reached or by Friday 9 December 2016 at 3.00pm (whichever is sooner).
- Please ensure you reserve your place by registering through the event registration web link provided above. Sending an Expression of Interest on the 'Industry Briefing Session' work package listed below does not constitute registration for the event.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below. It is expected that additional work packages will be available following the briefing session.
- To submit an EOI for any of the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile that is complete and up to date. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Continuum for this project.
- Continuum will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It is important that businesses submitting an EOI are aware that their submission does not guarantee that they will progress further in the procurement process. Only companies that can demonstrate capability and capacity in accordance with Continuum's standards will be invited to pre-qualify for specific opportunities.
- When the work packages are listed on ICN Gateway, your company will be notified provided you have selected relevant capabilities in the Notification section of your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Register your interest as a full or partial scope supplier (where applicable).
- Respond to all project and work package specific questions (where applicable).
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Construction Opportunities.