Dame Phyllis Frost Centre 106 Bed & Supporting Infrastructure Expansion
The Dame Phyllis Frost Centre (DPFC) provides maximum and medium security specialist accommodation for remanded and sentenced women prisoners. As one of Victoria’s two women-only prisons, it plays a critical role in Victoria’s corrections system.
The current accommodation facilities include cellular accommodation units (each with self-contained ablutions), a number of self-contained cottage units and several units housing prisoners designed for a range of operational needs including mental health, management, remand, protected prisoners and a specialised mother/child unit.
The proposed works can be separated into two aspects, the western expansion which is external to the facility and works within the current perimeter.
The proposed western expansion comprises of:
106 cellular beds
- Dawson Building (DA – 66 bed Reception Unit)
- Avon Building (AN – 20 bed Management Unit)
- Gordon Building (AS – 20 bed Management Unit)
- Reception Building (RB)
- Multi-Purpose Recreation (MP)
- Prime barrier wall & fencing
The proposed works within the existing perimeter are:
- Demolish a number of existing infrastructure
- Canteen (CT)
- Main Kitchen (KI)
- New landscaping and fencing
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- To submit an EOI, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to companies who are short listed to bid for this Project.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Information & Updates, Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.
Project at a glance
Regional Manager Barwon Region