The Suburban Roads Upgrade program is a $4bn investment by the State Government to transform Melbourne’s outer suburban arterial road network. Following on from the Western Roads Upgrade which was let in 2017 (previously referred to as OSARs), tenders are currently underway for both the Northern Roads Upgrade and South Eastern Roads Upgrade which will be delivered as two separate Public Private Partnerships.
The South Eastern Roads Upgrade Project will deliver a combination of duplications and upgrade works on six south eastern arterial roads, including:
- Golf Links Road, from Peninsula Link to Baxter-Tooradin Road, and Grant Road, from Baxter-Tooradin Road to Frankston-Flinders Road, Langwarrin South;
- Healesville – Koo Wee Rup Road, from Princes Freeway to Manks Road, Pakenham South;
- Hallam North Road, from Heatherton Road to James Cook Drive, Endeavour Hills;
- Lathams Road, from Oliphant Way to Frankston-Dandenong Road, Seaford;
- Narre Warren – Cranbourne Road, from Thompsons Road to the South Gippsland Highway, Cranbourne; and
- Pound Road West, with a new bridge over Cranbourne rail line to connect to Remington Drive, Dandenong South.
Rehabilitation and strengthening works will also be required on 15 no. existing structures across the network.
The South Eastern Roads Upgrade Project will also involve rehabilitation and maintenance (both routine and periodic) of arterial roads, structures and road-side assets across an approximately 800 – 1000 lane km maintenance area for a 20 year duration following completion of the Development Phase.
Access Arterial is a consortium comprised of Pacific Partnerships, DIF Management, CPB Contractors (Design and Construct Contractor) and Ventia (Services and Maintenance Contractor). Access Arterial is one of three consortia currently tendering for both the Northern Roads Upgrade (NRU) and South Eastern Roads Upgrade (SERU) packages. Access Arterial look forward to providing the opportunity to work with a broad network of suppliers and sub-contracting partners over the life of these projects.
We encourage local suppliers/sub-contractors to register an Expression of Interest using the link below where their products and services align with the following scope of works.
The South Eastern Roads Upgrade involves the following scope:
Design and Construct Scope – CPB Contractors
- Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road; duplication from two lanes to four lanes, including two new bridges over Deep Creek and ramp upgrades (and priced option for duplicated bridge over Princes Fwy) (10km).
- Lathams Road; duplication from two lanes to four lanes, including new bridge over Mornington Peninsula Fwy and tie-ins to EastLink entry and exit ramps (2.5km).
- Hallam North Road; duplication from two lanes to four lanes, including widening and intersection upgrade at Heatherton Road (1.5km).
- Narre Warren – Cranbourne Road; duplication from two lanes to four lanes, including major intersection upgrades (4km).
- Pound Road West; duplication from two lanes to four lanes of Remington Drive and Pound Road West, and connection of both sections through new bridge over Cranbourne Rail Line (2km).
- Golf Links Road; intersection upgrades, pavement rectification, sealing of shoulders and adjacent road connections, plus various safety upgrades (5.5km).
Initial Rehabilitation Works (Structures) – CPB Contractors
Rehabilitation works on 15 no. existing structures within the network including various strengthening works and minor repairs.
Construction is expected to begin from 2020 and be completed by the end of 2025.
Operations and Maintenance (South Eastern Package) – Ventia
1. Initial Rehabilitation Works (Pavements)
Improvement works on pavements and structures within the Project Area to lift the condition to meet the standards specified in the Project Scope and Delivery Requirements and the service KPI regime.
2. Maintained Assets
Initial rehabilitation of degraded pavements and structures followed by Routine maintenance for a period of 20 years (including inspections, incident response and reinstatement), periodic maintenance and rehabilitation of:
- Pavements and structures;
- Roadside assets including vegetation and landscaping;
- Maintenance not required on Initial Rehabilitation Works during the Initial Maintenance Phase; and
- Management of asset management systems
In the South East this will apply to:
- Approximately 1000 lane kilometres of road (around 10% of the metropolitan arterial road network)
- Approximately 175 structures including around 80 bridges
Requirements of Sub-Contractors
For this project, sub-contractors will need to meet:
- Pre-qualification (where applicable to specific packages of work)
- Safety and Environmental Management conditions
- Public Liability Insurance conditions
- Compliance with Workplace Laws
- Local Jobs First Policy requirements, including Aboriginal Employment and demonstrated commitment to providing accredited training
- Social procurement targets
Meet Access Arterial
ICN and Access Arterial will be running an event on Thursday 4 July 2019 for interested suppliers, contractors and registered social enterprises. Please join this free event to learn more about the project and meet the team.
Date: Thursday 4 July 2019
Time: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Venue: Dandenong Stadium
270 Stud Road, Dandenong, VIC 3175
>> CLICK HERE << to register for the event.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- Access Arterial will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of Access Arterial to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.