The Suburban Roads Upgrade program is a $4bn investment by the State Government to transform Melbourne’s outer suburban arterial road network. Following on from the Western Roads Upgrade which was let in 2017 (previously referred to as OSARs), tenders are currently underway for both the Northern Roads Upgrade and South Eastern Roads Upgrade which will be delivered as two separate Public Private Partnerships.
The Northern Roads Upgrade Project will combine duplication and upgrade works to six northern arterial roads including:
- Childs Road, from Beaumont Crescent to Prince of Wales Avenue, Mill Park;
- Sunbury Road, from Bulla-Diggers Rest Road to Powlett Street, Sunbury;
- Epping Road, from Craigieburn Road East to Memorial Avenue, Epping;
- Bridge Inn Road, from Plenty Road to Yan Yean Road, Doreen;
- Craigieburn Road, from Mickleham Road to the Hume Highway, Craigieburn; and
- Fitzsimons Lane intersection upgrades in Eltham and Templestowe, and Leane Drive in Eltham.
Rehabilitation and strengthening works will also be required on 8 no. existing structures across the network.
The Northern Roads Upgrade Project will also involve rehabilitation and maintenance (both routine and periodic) of arterial roads, structures and road-side assets across an approximately 800 – 1000 lane km maintenance area for a 20 year duration following completion of the Development Phase.
Access Arterial is a consortium comprised of Pacific Partnerships, DIF Management, CPB Contractors (Design and Construct Contractor) and Ventia (Services and Maintenance Contractor). Access Arterial is one of three consortia currently tendering for both the Northern Roads Upgrade (NRU) and South Eastern Roads Upgrade (SERU) packages. Access Arterial look forward to providing the opportunity to work with a broad network of suppliers and sub-contracting partners over the life of these projects.
We encourage local suppliers/sub-contractors to register an Expression of Interest using the link below where their products and services align with the following scope of works.
The Northern Roads Upgrade involves the following scope:
Design and Construct Scope – CPB Contractors
- Childs Road; Duplicate from two to four lanes between Beaumont Crescent and Prince of Wales Avenue, including new bridge over Darebin Creek (750m).
- Sunbury Road; Duplicate from two to four lanes between Powlett Street and Bulla Diggers Rest Road, including new bridge over Jackson Creek (8km).
- Epping Road; Duplicate from two to four lanes between Craigieburn Road East and Memorial Avenue (4km).
- Bridge Inn Road; Duplicate from two to four lanes between 250m west of Yan Yean Road and Schotters Road; and from two to six lanes between Schotters Road and Whittlesea Road (Plenty Road) including a new bridge over Plenty River.
- Craigieburn Road; Duplicate from two to four lanes between Mickleham Road and Vantage Boulevard / Highlander Drive, and from two lanes to six lanes between Vantage Boulevard / Highlander Drive and Coburg-Craigieburn Road (Hume Highway).
- Fitzsimons Lane; Upgrades to intersections along Fitzsimons Lane at Foote Street, Porter Street and Main Road, as well as the intersection of Main Road and Leane Drive and the removal of the bus lane between Porter Street and Foote Street.
Initial Rehabilitation Works (Structures) – CPB Contractors
Rehabilitation works on 8 no. existing structures within the network including various strengthening works and minor repairs.
Construction is expected to begin from 2020 and be completed by the end of 2025.
Operations and Maintenance (Northern Package) – Ventia
1. Initial Rehabilitation Works (Pavements)
Improvement works on pavements and structures within the Project Area to lift the condition to meet the standards specified in the Project Scope and Delivery Requirements and the service KPI regime.
2. Maintained Assets
Initial rehabilitation of degraded pavements and structures followed by Routine maintenance for a period of 20 years (including inspections, incident response and reinstatement), periodic maintenance and rehabilitation of:
- Pavements and structures;
- Roadside assets including vegetation and landscaping;
- Maintenance not required on Initial Rehabilitation Works during the Initial Maintenance Phase; and
- Management of asset management systems
In the North this will apply to:
- Approximately 710 lane kilometres of road (around 10% of the metropolitan arterial road network)
- Approximately 79 structures including around 49 bridges
Requirements of Sub-Contractors
For this project, sub-contractors will need to meet:
- Pre-qualification (where applicable to specific packages of work)
- Safety and Environmental Management conditions
- Public Liability Insurance conditions
- Compliance with Workplace Laws
- Local Jobs First Policy requirements, including Aboriginal Employment and demonstrated commitment to providing accredited training
- Social procurement targets
Meet Access Arterial
ICN and Access Arterial will be running an event on Wednesday 3 July 2019 for interested suppliers, contractors and registered social enterprises. Please join this free event to learn more about the project and meet the team.
Date: Wednesday 3 July 2019
Time: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Venue: Hume Global Learning Centre - Cragieburn
75-95 Central Park Avenue, Craigieburn, VIC 3064
>> CLICK HERE << to register for the event.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- Access Arterial will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of Access Arterial to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.