About the Project
The Suburban Roads Upgrade Program presents an outstanding opportunity to transform Melbourne’s outer suburban arterial road network by addressing infrastructure needs generated by rapid land use change.
Following on from the Western Roads Upgrade awarded in December 2017, the South-Eastern Roads Upgrade Project and the Northern Roads Upgrade Project are being procured as two separate Public Private Partnerships.
The South Eastern Roads Upgrade Project will deliver a combination of duplications and upgrade works on six south eastern arterial roads, including:
- Healesville – Koo Wee Rup Road, from Princes Freeway to Manks Road, Pakenham South;
- Lathams Road, from Oliphant Way to Frankston-Dandenong Road, Seaford;
- Hallam North Road, from Heatherton Road to James Cook Drive, Endeavour Hills;
- Narre Warren – Cranbourne Road, from Thompsons Road to the South Gippsland Highway, Cranbourne;
- Pound Road West, with a new bridge over Cranbourne rail line to connect to Remington Drive, Dandenong South; and
- Golf Links Road, from Peninsula Link to Baxter-Tooradin Road, and Grant Road, from Baxter-Tooradin Road to Frankston-Flinders Road, Langwarrin South.
Rectification works will also be required on a number of bridge structures.
Construction is expected to begin from 2020, and be completed in 2025.
To ensure the network is maintained to a high standard, the project also incorporates a 20-year rehabilitation and maintenance contract for 1,045 lane kilometres of arterial road network in the South East. This will include a broad range of road maintenance functions covering cyclic, routine and reactive works.
The Plenary Roads Consortium comprises Plenary Group, Salini Impregilo, and Amey/Broadspectrum JV.
During the current bid phase of the project, Plenary Roads is seeking to engage with local suppliers and subcontractors who understand delivery in the local context, bring strong local relationships, and are committed to industry, workforce and social sustainability.
We encourage local suppliers, contractors and social enterprises to register an Expression of Interest using the link below where their products and services align with the below scope of works:
1. Initial Capital Works
We are seeking expressions of interest from subcontractors and suppliers familiar with the local road construction market (including structures), both greenfield and brownfield.
2. Rehabilitation and Maintenance Work
Rehabilitation and lifecycle works on road pavements, structures and road related assets (drainage, signs, guard-fence etc) to meet defined handback criteria.
Routine, Cyclic and Reactive maintenance activities as defined in VicRoads Section 750PPP to maintain the networks in a safe and serviceable condition for road users.
Meet Plenary Roads
ICN and Plenary Roads will be running an event on Tuesday 4 June 2019 for interested suppliers, contractors and registered social enterprises. Please join this free event to learn more about the project and meet the team.
Date: Tuesday 4 June 2019
Time: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Venue: Dandenong Stadium
270 Stud Road, Dandenong VIC 3175
>> CLICK HERE << to register for the event.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- The Plenary Roads Consortium will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of The Plenary Roads Consortium to make direct contact with your company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance are available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN network - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.