About the Project
The Latrobe GovHub will be developed by Castlerock at 61-65 Church Street and 1-9 Fleming Street, Morwell. The project is part of a $266 million Latrobe Valley transition package which was announced in 2016 by the Victorian Government to help support economic growth, create jobs and drive the businesses and industries of the future in the region.
The Latrobe GovHub is a purpose-built facility that will accommodate up to 300 workers. A mix of new public service roles from Melbourne and existing government roles from the region will be housed at the new three-storey regional employment hub featuring office space, shared meeting rooms, a community hub, business incubators, exhibition space and a locally-run café.
When it is complete, the GovHub will house up to 300 workers. This will include 150 workers from the Victorian public service including Earth Resources Regulation staff, who will establish a new head office in the Latrobe Valley, Parks Victoria staff working in environment, research and other service functions, and staff from Solar Victoria. Of the 150 workers from the Victorian Public Service, up to half will be newly-advertised positions.
Potential Opportunities for Local Businesses
Castlerock wishes to maximise opportunities for Australian and New Zealand businesses, particularly businesses within the Latrobe Valley region and are seeking to engage with contractors, trades and suppliers with the following capabilities:
- Bulk Excavation & Fill
- Bored Piers
- Detail Excavation
- Concrete Placing
- Concrete Supply
- Reinforcement Supply
- Concrete Pumping Hire
- Precast Panels Fabrication
- Masonry Subcontractor
- Structural Steel Fabrication
- Structural Steel & Precast Panel Erection
- Metal Decking Formwork Installation
- Metal Decking Supply
- Roofing Subcontractor
- Safe Walkway/Roof Access System
Windows & Glazing
- Auto Doors
- Glazed Doors
- Hydraulic Subcontractor
- Stormwater Subcontractor
- Sanitary Fixtures Supply
- Fire Hydrants & Hose Reels
- Structural Steel Fire Proofing
- Fire Extinguishers & Blankets
- Mechanical Subcontractor
- Louvres & Vents
- Electrical Subcontractor
- Data & Communications Subcontractor
- Security Subcontractor
- Exterior Cladding Subcontractor
- Solar Panel Subcontractor
- Bike Racks
- Handrails & Balustrades
- General Fitting and Fixture Supply
Doors, Frames & Hardware
- Doors & Frames Supply
- Door Hardware Supply
- Carpentry Subcontractor
- Joinery Subcontractor
- Toilet Partitions
Ceilings & Partitions
- Internal Partitions Subcontractor
- Amenities and General Building Signage
- Carpet Subcontractor
- Vinyl Subcontractor
- Entry Mats Supply
- Painting Subcontractor
- Tiling Subcontractor
- Tiling Supply
- Internal Waterproofing
- External Waterproofing
- Landscaping Subcontractor
- External Paving Subcontractor
- Tactile Pavers
- Fencing Subcontractor
- Asphalt Subcontractor
- Line Marking & Carpark Signage
- Cleaning Subcontractor
- Window Cleaning Subcontractor
Construction is expected to commence August 2019 and be completed in December 2020.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an EOI for the Work Package/s listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- To submit an EOI, click on the 'Full Scope' or 'Partial Scope' EOI checkbox of the work package/s listed.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Castlerock for this project.
- It will then be the responsibility of Castlerock to make direct contact with you.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.