The Joppa Junction to Bombala line is 304km long. The line from Queanbeyan to Bombala via Cooma was progressively made non-operational between 1986 and 1990. Sections have served limited heritage/tourist operations, however the line is currently in un- trafficable condition as its age and disused status has led to rail breakage, sleeper degradation and timber bridge deterioration. Additionally the rail has been lifted at several locations to enable the removal of level crossings and realignment of the Monaro Highway. Beyond Bombala no rail line has ever existed or been corridor protected, so this study will be required to identify potential corridor extensions through to the Port of Eden.
Transport for NSW would like to commission a Service Provider to develop a Canberra to Eden Rail Line Feasibility Study (the Study).
The study will conduct an analysis of engineering requirements for new infrastructure, existing infrastructure (including the permanent way, cuttings, embankments and associated structures), works required to reinstate or construct existing infrastructure, demand for usage of the line, economic and financial modelling and land use and environmental planning issues.
Note: No site visit is planned. JHR can provide available design and condition information to the successful tenderer.
The Study will provide sufficient information to establish the economic case, for or against, the upgrade of the existing infrastructure and construction of new infrastructure to deliver the Canberra Airport to Port of Eden rail line.
Scope of Work to be Undertaken
In order to fulfill the Project objectives and deliver key outputs, an indicative project task list is as follows:
- Demand for usage of the line
- Engineering assessment
- Corridor and Environmental Assessment
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Benefit and Cost Estimation
- Business Requirements
Schedule of Work
The Completion Date for the Project is 30 June 2019.
Please note - Existing suppliers interested in work packages on this page must submit a tender in order to continue as a supplier.
How to Submit a Tender
- Work Packages currently available for submission of a tender are listed below.
- To submit a tender for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- To commence the process of tendering, review the documents below (in the Project Documents section) and then click on the icon in the Full Scope EOIs column for the work package. Note: This is not an EOI, but a full tender process.
- You must complete all tender documents that are offered for download and completion and then email them as per instructions in the work package document (tender information)
- This is a final tender submission. Tenders close at 18:00 AEST on the closing date shown.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to create your company profile on ICN Gateway, if you do not already have a company profile.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description may be used to assess your tender with respect to ability to complete projects. Please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible in your company profile.