The WestWind Group of companies is headquartered in Kirchdorf Germany. WestWind Energy Ltd was established in Australia in 2004.
WestWind Energy has a successful track record working with investors and communities to develop wind farms in Australia. From green field site identification through planning and into construction and operation, we work efficiently and cooperatively with our project partners.
WestWind Energy’s mission is to be a driver of change towards a sustainable energy future for our planet. We do this through the development of cost effective renewable energy generation and storage solutions refined through technical excellence, commitment to communities, and cohesive company values.
WESTWIND ENERGY IN AUSTRALIA
WestWind Energy has developed:
- Mt Mercer Wind Farm – 131 MW; (sold to Meridian Energy in 2009);
- Moorabool Wind Farm – 350 MW; (sold to Goldwind Australia in 2016);
- Lal Lal Wind Farm – 220 MW; (sold to Macquarie Capital in 2017).
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Located near the town of Rokewood in the Victorian Golden Plains Shire, the Golden Plains wind farm will generate approximately 3000 gigawatt hours each year, from 228 wind turbines.
The installed capacity is expected to be in the order of 800-1000 megawatts. The entire site area is 16,739 hectares, with wind farm infrastructure covering approximately 1% of the site.
The Planning Permit Application is currently in progress.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to WestWind for this project.
- It will then be the responsibility of WestWind to make direct contact with the company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.