Formed by the Federation of Victorian Traditional Owner Corporations and Cockram Construction, the partnership builds on the strengths of the two entities to offer an Indigenous solution for capital works projects across Australia through leveraging the depth and capabilities of Cockram Construction and the Federation’s connection to, and respect for, first nations nationally.
The Federation is a collective 7 Traditional Owner corporations, which are beneficially owned by over 2500 indigenous Australians, and Cockram is Australia’s oldest Building firm.
Barpa is committed to making a positive difference for Australia’s first people, we embed this commitment in every part of our business by;
– Ensuring Traditional Owner engagement activities happen pre and during projects,
– By providing employment and career development opportunities for Indigenous people directly in our company or through associated trade contractors,
– Actively pursuing and developing indigenous trade contractors,
– Utilising the Indigenous Business sector in our supply chain,
– Supporting indigenous youth in pursuing a career in construction,
– Sponsoring Indigenous sports teams and community events
– and, volunteering staff for indigenous community projects.
Experience and Capability;
We have extensive experience building at numerous Australian Defence bases, manufacturing facilities, retail outlets, commercial buildings, hospitals, educational facilities and sports/recreation facilities. We have developed a reputation for successful delivery of technically complex projects, and our people are renowned for their achievements in sectors including Defence, Health, Education, Telecommunications, Security, Research and Development, and Infrastructure.
The proposed building will be an integrated two-storey extension to the east of the existing an existing training facility, providing approximately 3,480 m2 gross floor area. The proposed building will comprise a reinforced concrete slab on ground, grids of steel and concrete columns, load bearing reinforced concrete walls and a colorbond steel roof.
The integrated facility design will provide the following spaces for:
1. TLSF functions: working accommodation and ancillary spaces for MOSC staff including office areas, meeting rooms, project rooms, computer rooms, training rooms and laboratory areas; and
2. TC functions: working and training accommodation, comprising specialist training rooms and equipment classrooms, including the CIWS trainer, computer classrooms, instructor offices and faculty meeting rooms.
The proposed facility has been planned to enable common areas such as utility rooms, conference rooms and breakout spaces, toilets, showers and locker areas to be shared by staff and trainees.
Project is expected to transmission into the Construction Phase by Mid-September 2018 with a completion date of September 2019.
Companies wishing to tender on the project are required to be compliant with the Building Code 2016.
Prior to the issuance of any drawings the prospective tenderer will be required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
To work on the project works will be required to undertake a security clearance check to be eligible for a base pass.
General Information on Project
Barpa is seeking qualified and experienced suppliers to express interest for relevant trade packages and supply opportunities. The work packages below are open to all Australian and NZ businesses to register, but preference will be given to Indigenous and Local SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) when it makes sense to do so.
More information about the project Click Here
How to register an Expression of Interest for listed packages
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
This is an initial, generic EOI submission only.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.