Prison Precinct Expansion Project
The Victorian Government is building a new maximum security prison in the vicinity of the existing Prison Precinct which includes Barwon Prison and Marngoneet Correctional Centre.
Providing a new maximum security facility is an essential part of the government’s commitment to improving community safety.
Building within the existing Prison Precinct has been identified as a good option due to existing infrastructure such as road and public transport links and the proximity to local courts.
With significant recent population growth, the Western Victoria region is a location capable of providing for a workforce to build and service the new prison facility.
The new prison will:
- accommodate at least 700 prisoners
- play a key role in planning for increases in the prison population
- create more than 650 ongoing jobs
- support hundreds of indirect and direct jobs across the steel, manufacturing, construction, engineering and other sectors
- deliver an estimated economic benefit of $173 million to the Greater Geelong Region during the construction phase.
There is no minimum Local Content set for this Project as yet.
The Project is anticipated to commence in early 2019 with the facility expected to be operational in 2022.
This is NOT an EOI process for the main contractor of the Prison Precinct Expansion Project as that process will be carried out by Department of Justice and Regulation.
However if you are have a product and/or service that you believe could be used, then please provide an EOI as below.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Prison Precinct Expansion Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.