The NSW Government has partnered with the Northern Pathways consortium, comprised of John Laing, John Holland, Serco and Macquarie Bank, to design, construct, operate and maintain the new Correctional Centre.
John Holland is the Design and Construct Contractor.
- Construction $778m
- Overall Cost $4.2b
The Clarence Correctional Centre will be a safe and secure correctional facility servicing the northern part of NSW.
It will be the primary correctional complex for all corrections operations from the Queensland border in the north, Kempsey in the southeast and Tamworth in the southwest. The facility will be located approximately 12 km southeast of Grafton.
Construction commenced in mid-2017 and the new Centre will open in 2020.
During both construction and operations, NGCC will deliver hundreds of jobs to the region, creating long term economic opportunities locally through the procurement of a range of goods and services.
Accommodating 1,700 beds, the complex will feature state-of-the-art security and surveillance, as well as advanced rehabilitation services.
- a six metre high fence or wall around each correctional facility and lighting/security camera poles up to 12 m
- a 1.5 m site boundary fence
- associated facilities including recreational oval and irrigation area;
- access from Avenue Road, internal access roads and car parking for approximately 850 cars; and
- on-site wastewater treatment plant.
The proposal also includes:
- bulk earthworks;
- water, power and communication utilities within the site; and
- landscaping, including landscaping buffer zones along the north, east and southern site boundaries.
General Information on Project
More information about the project you can find here: http://northernpathways.com.au
How to register an Expression of Interest for listed packages
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
This is an initial, generic EOI submission only.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.