A new regional NSW rollingstock fleet will replace the ageing XPT, XPLORER and Endeavour regional trains for passengers who travel between Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane and major regional centres. The Regional Rail Project encompasses design and manufacture of the New Fleet, design and construction of a new maintenance facility in Dubbo (subject to approval) and ongoing asset management for the New Fleet and associated facilities.
- Fast-track the delivery of safe, reliable, comfortable and accessible regional trains
- Create a better, more reliable service for customers travelling long distances
- Boost regional jobs with the maintenance of these new trains in regional NSW
A consortium comprising Bombardier Transportation, John Laing and Macquarie is engaged in a procurement process with Transport for NSW, to build the trains and complete them in Dubbo in a facility to be constructed by Degnan and Martinus Rail. Once in service, the regional train fleet will be maintained in the new purpose-built Dubbo Maintenance Facility and the pre-existing Sydenham facility for whole of life.
The Bombardier-led consortium is seeking qualified and experienced suppliers to express interest for relevant trade packages and supply opportunities. The work packages below are open to all ANZ businesses to register but preference will be given to Regional NSW SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) when it makes sense to do so.
The Bombardier consortium and Transport for NSW are committed to leveraging employment and community benefits from the Regional Rail project. Regional career and skills development opportunities will emanate from deliberate actions that focus on training, up-skilling and employing local people, especially where disadvantaged groups can be targeted. The entire supply chain will participate and be supported by the consortium to achieve the State’s objective to stimulate regional economies through jobs and skills development.
How to register an Expression of Interest
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.