In August 2017, the NSW Government announced it would replace all trains operating on the regional network, including 60 XPTs and more than 50 XPLORER and Endeavour passenger cars. A new Maintenance Facility for these trains will also be built in regional NSW. Further information on the project is available at: https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/projects/current-projects/regional-rail
UGL Rail Services (UGL) is Australia's leading provider of rail technology for mainline, metropolitan and light rail transport systems. Our complete offering covers the entire spectrum of rail transportation products and services in design, engineering, manufacture, construction, maintenance, refurbishment and asset management of locomotives, trains and rail infrastructure systems.
UGL is a member of shortlisted consortium Momentum Trains, which is providing a proposal for the Regional Rail Project. If successful, once construction of the Maintenance Facility is complete, UGL will manage the Facility and the in-service requirements for the trains.
The Regional Rail Project will be to replace the current regional rail fleet and maintain the new fleet in Regional NSW, with Dubbo the preferred location (subject to planning approval).
Contract award is expected to be early 2019 and delivery of the trains is expected to be in the early 2020s.
Under the Request for Proposal, UGL are reviewing opportunities for the potential future engagement of small to medium Australian and New Zealand suppliers (ANZ SMEs) to support the Project.
As part of this Project, UGL have Industry Participation requirements and request details from interested parties to support the following points:
- Does the interested party promote Diversity and Inclusion in the workforce? Please provide information to support (e.g. number of female, indigenous workers)?
- Engagement of young people – does the interested party have work experience programs, TAFE and graduate programs?
- Work Force Skills Development – does the interested party have employee training programs and apprenticeships?
How to register an Expression of Interest
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- Please complete Attachment 1 - Supplier Survey and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
This is an initial, generic EOI submission only.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.