As one of Australia’s oldest and most advanced engineering companies, Varley Group has provided its customers with innovative solutions and quality designs and products for over 132 years.
Varley Group, including its IDES and Varley Defence & Aerospace divisions, has partnered with Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, one of the leading global defense companies, to establish a new Joint Venture VRA SYSTEMS offering advanced capabilities for the Australian Defence Force (ADF).
Initially focusing on the land systems sector, the joint venture is offering the Spike LR2 5th generation missile system, manufactured and supported in Australia for the LAND 400 program. Further offerings will include an advanced Active Protection System for Australian vehicle platforms and a range of other advanced defence systems manufactured, integrated and supported in Australia providing an edge for the ADF.
Project LAND 400 will acquire and support the next generation of Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFV) with the firepower, protection and mobility to defeat increasingly lethal and adaptive adversaries well into the future.
The Varley – Rafael joint venture is offering the Spike LR2 5th generation missile system and its associated launch system, command systems and simulators to deliver unmatched capabilities for the future LAND 400 platforms.
The Spike ATWG is the missile system that has already been integrated into the wining Rheinmetall Boxer CRV, the vehicle selected for Land 400 Phase 2.
The joint venture is now reviewing opportunities for potential future engagement of Australian suppliers and subcontractors to support and undertake in-country manufacture and in service support for the Spike LR2 Missile System and associated launcher, stowage and command and control systems.
General Information on LAND 400 Phase 2
More information about the project you can find here:
How to register an Expression of Interest
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- Please complete attached Pre-Registration Questionnaire and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
This is an initial, generic EOI submission only.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI- please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
|Invitation for South Australia and Queenslad Supplier Briefing|
|Varley-Rafael JV Supplier Briefing Agenda- FINAL|
|Creating an ICN Gateway Company Profile|