Victorian Renewable Energy Targets (VRET)
In June 2016, the Victorian Government committed to Victorian renewable energy generation targets of 25 per cent by 2020 and 40 percent by 2025. The Victorian Government is optimising investment, jobs and local economic value from renewable energy projects and supports participation by local supply chains.
Canadian Solar are proposing a large-scale solar project in the Sunraysia Region and our policy is to use local content to support the delivery of this project wherever possible. We will be looking to proactively work with local suppliers and community groups/stakeholders ahead of the delivery of this project to maximise this opportunity.
Canadian Solar is participating in the Victorian Renewable Energy Auction Scheme (VREAS) as a solar project developer. The (VREAS) was established by the Victorian Government to support achievement of the Victorian Renewable Energy Targets (VRET).
As such, Canadian Solar is seeking to engage with capable, local suppliers and subcontractors to support their upcoming projects.
Canadian Solar is committed to facilitating local industry participation and local content in its projects. Our project delivery processes are designed to ensure full, fair and reasonable opportunity for capable local industry to participate across its supply chain opportunities and we are keen to talk to suppliers about how we can enable them to play a role in successfully delivering our projects.
Canadian Solar is also committed to local community engagement and is seeking Expressions of Interests from community groups in the Loddon-Mallee region and surrounding areas who are interested in renewable energy and seek opportunities for partnerships or ongoing collaborations with our organisation.
About Canadian Solar Australia
Founded in 2001 in Canada, Canadian Solar is one of the world's largest and foremost solar power companies. As a leading manufacturer of solar photovoltaic modules and provider of solar energy solutions, Canadian Solar also has a geographically diversified pipeline of utility-scale power projects in various stages of development. Canadian Solar is one of the most bankable companies in the solar industry, having been publicly listed on NASDAQ since 2006.
Established 2011 in Sydney as a subsidiary of Canadian Solar Inc. (CSI), Canadian Solar (Australia) P/L is a proven reliable long-term partner for solar projects in Australia. We have highly experienced and passionate experts who assure clients' and partners expectations are surpassed in any project. Canadian Solar (Australia) P/L continues to demonstrate its capability within Australia through our completed projects, those currently under construction and its significant development pipeline in various stages across Australia.
The delivery of our Normanton and ARENA funded Longreach and Oakey Projects has demonstrated Canadian Solar (Australia) P/L can successfully enhance a projects local economic benefit through collaborating with local content suppliers and partners.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Canadian Solar for this project. It will then be the responsibility of Canadian Solar to make direct contact with the company.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.