A Counter Terrorism and Community Safety Centre will be built at Wacol, Brisbane. The Queensland Government will invest $46.7 million over three years to build a world-class counter-terrorism and community safety facility for the Queensland Police Service. The facility will increase the capability in managing terrorism and other critical incidents.
The new training facility will have a combination of new structures and the refurbishment of heritage-listed buildings.
The functional elements include:
- Refurbishment of the heritage listed Jacaranda and Silky Oak Houses and associated car parking
- A training facility which includes:
1. A scenario village
2. A firearms training facility
3. A simunition training facility
4. Stage 1 of Central Energy Facility
5. Onsite Car and Bus Parking
The Public Safety Business Agency (PBSA) is managing the delivery of the Counter Terrorism and Community Safety Centre on behalf of Queensland Police Service in collaboration with the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning
For more information visit the DSDMIP website pageSHOW LESS