About the Project
The delivery of the Hume Global Learning Centre Sunbury seeks to honour the past, value the present and imagine the future.
The $15 M state-of-the-art centre will be an active, vibrant and welcoming community hub, and will be an inspiring place to meet, share, learn, create, collaborate and access information in an ever-changing digital world.
The design response for the new HGLC-S has been shaped and informed through extensive community and stakeholder engagement.
The centre will include the following facility elements, and will offer a wide range of programs and services to support the needs of the local community.
- Library Service
- Flexible multi-purpose meeting and activity rooms
- Computer training and learning space
- Cultural space (gallery, museum, exhibition space)
- Business Hub – co- working space
- Visitor Information Service
- Customer Service Centre
The delivery of the Hume Global Learning Centre – Sunbury will prepare the community for the digital future and recreate libraries as a genuine meeting space that promotes life-long learning. The centrewill provide formal and informal community spaces for residents and local organisations allowing for both private and organised study, social interaction, library services, exhibitions, seminars and conferences, meeting and training opportunities.
Plans for the centre are well advanced and it is expected that the works will commence on site in early 2018.
About Hume City Council
Hume City Council is one of Australia's fastest-growing and culturally-diverse communities and is home to more than 198,000 residents.
Spanning a total area of 504 square kilometres, the City is located in Melbourne's northern fringe, just 15 kilometres from the centre of Melbourne.
Stage I - Expressions of Interest
Businesses who are interested in submitting an EOI can register their business and submit their EOI on the ICN Gateway at www.icngateway.com.au. A database will be provided to the Main Contractor and Major Subcontractors of companies that expressed interest during Stage I.
Please note: This EOI is open to businesses only. Individuals interested in working on the Broadmeadows Town Hall Redevelopment are advised not to respond to this EOI and await further information concerning work opportunities following the appointment of the Main Contractor.
Stage II - Further Information
Hume City Council in partnership with the Industry Capability Network (ICN), is keen to maximise the use of local business in this project. Following appointment of the Main Contractor an information forum will be held in Hume City Council for businesses that have registered an expression of interest to provide information about available work packages and bidding process for subcontracting or supply opportunities with the Major Subcontractors.
Stage III - Engagement of Contractors
The Main Contractor or Major Subcontractor may engage suppliers and subcontractors according to their normal procurement processes which can include tendering for particular work or negotiation of rates for particular work. Prior to engagement, companies will be required to complete a pre-qualification approval according to the requirements of the hiring company (Main Contractor or Major Subcontractor). In some cases this may include the payment of a fee to a third party for processing the pre-qualification application.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of this project, project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.