The electrification of the Gawler Rail Line will deliver faster, safer and more reliable rail services for the northern suburbs which will encourage more people to leave the car at home and take public transport.
On 18 January 2018, Lendlease were appointed as the contractor for the design and construction of the first stage between Adelaide and Salisbury.
Detailed design works will commence early this year, with electrification works anticipated to commence by the third quarter of 2018.
The project delivery model will adhere to the State Government’s policy requiring all steel to be sourced from Australian-standard certified fabricators and mills and the South Australian Industry Participation Policy which supports local jobs and local contractors.
The Adelaide to Salisbury works will support approximately 135 jobs a year during construction, while increasing capacity on one of Adelaide’s busiest rail lines.
Scope of Stage 1 works
- Installation of the 25kV overhead wiring system including masts and gantries
- Installation of a new signalling system
- Installation of a new fibre optic communications system cable
- Fencing works, vegetation trimming and removal and other works necessary to enable the electrification to proceed.
The Gawler Rail Electrification Project provides opportunities for business to being involved in the supply of the following products and services:
- Overhead Wiring Elements
- Civil Works
- Pit and Cable Supply
- Rail Protection Services
- Electrical and Traction Power works
- Steel reinforcing
- Structural Steel Fabrication
- Bridge Screens
- Vegetation Removal and Arborist Services
- Plant Hire
- Labour Hire
Employment opportunities on the Gawler Rail Electrification Project will be available through NorthHub, an onsite employment, skills and training centre established by Lendlease. NorthHub was initially introduced to facilitate employment on the Northern Connector Project and will now be extended to include the Gawler Rail Electrification Project.
Expression of Interest process
All registrants will be required to submit the following two forms as part of the EOI process for this project:
- Lendlease Engineering Prequalification Questionnaire - LLE503A (GREP)
- Transport Contractor CoR Compliance Audit - LLE626C
If you have previously submitted these for the Northern Connector project, a copy of your latest document will be accepted.
In addition, each work package EOI will require the following form to be submitted:
- Gawler Electrification Project South Australian Industry Participation Plan and Workforce and Skills Development - Tender Schedule
These are available to download from the Project Documents section below. In addition to this being a mandatory step for involvement in this project, these submissions will be used for the Lendlease Engineering National Subcontractor and Supplier Prequalification process.SHOW LESS