Laing O'Rourke and AECOM (the Team) is tendering a design and construct contract with the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) to deliver the Gawler Rail Electrification Project (GREP). This is an important project for South Australia as it will transform Adelaide's rail network into a cleaner, faster, more frequent and more efficient service. Our Team is committed to creating as many opportunities as possible for local South Australian industries to benefit from the project - in particular, those businesses from the Northern Economic Plan Region (which includes the City of Port Adelaide Enfield, City of Salisbury and City of Playford).
This project will be completed in stages from Adelaide Station through to Gawler. The works primarily involve:
- Installation of the overhead wiring system including masts and gantry supports
- Installation of a new signalling system
- Installation of an Automatic Train Protection system
- Installation of a new fibre optic communications system cable
- Installation of protective works and modifications to existing infrastructure
- Service relocations, vegetation trimming and removal and other works necessary to enable the electrification to proceed
- Signalling system upgrades and public safety improvements, including pedestrian level crossing enhancements and corridor fencing.
The Gawler Rail Electrification Project provides a wide range of opportunities for South Australian businesses. If you provide services in any of these areas and would like to learn about how you can get involved in this project, we would like to hear from you:
- Rail and OHW services
- Concrete and structural works
- Electrical works
- Steel fabrication
- Services relocations
- Traffic management
- Civil works
- Fencing works
- Bridge screens
- Vegetation removal
- Labour Hire
- Plant Hire
Laing O'Rourke is one of Australia's largest rail contractors with excellent knowledge and experience in delivering rail networks. AECOM brings unparalleled local planning and design skills. Collectively, we bring the proven track record needed to address the complexities associated with planning, designing and constructing this project.
We will draw on the lessons learned from previous projects, share them with you and seek insights from you to develop the best solutions to safely deliver the Gawler Rail Electrification Project for DPTI. Working together, we will ensure this project benefits every person who lives, works and visits South Australia.
You can learn more about our team at:
We plan to publish detailed work package information on this ICN Portal after contract award.SHOW LESS