Stockyard Hill Wind Farm (SHWF) is a proposed wind energy project located approximately 35 km west of Ballarat in Victoria's central highlands.
The project boundary extends to five kilometres south of Beaufort and approximately four kilometres north of Skipton.
The project is expected to deliver significant economic benefits including the creation of ongoing jobs, rates to the local government, rent to participating landowners and a community fund.
The proposed wind farm will connect to the national electricity grid via the transmission line and terminal station south of Lismore.
SHWF have commenced a tender process to engage contractors to construct the wind farm.
SHWF intends to commence construction in early 2018, and exporting energy by late 2019.
SHWF has engaged Goldwind Australia Ltd as the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor for the wind farm. Major subcontractors will be appointed for the following work packages:
- design and construction of the civil and electrical balance of plant (onsite roads, foundations, buildings and electrical reticulation)
- logistics, and
- wind turbine installation.
Significant work packages are available (listed below) to assist with the work packages listed above. Smaller work packages are also associated with the project and interested parties are directed to the closely related Moorabool ICN Gateway page to register for these packages (suppliers that have already registered on the Moorabool page do not need to re-register as Moorabool details will be handed on to the SHWF Project).
Balance of Plant
Goldwind Australia Ltd has appointed a joint venture between SNC-Lavalin and WBHO as the preferred contractor for the construction of the project balance of plant. Early works is expected to commence soon.
Expressions of Interest (EOI)
Stockyard Hill Wind Farm recognises the ICN gateway as a key tool to identify capability and capacity in the local community and maximise opportunities for local suppliers to participate in the project.
Stockyard Hill Wind Farm is committed to facilitating local sourcing for the project where feasible and encourages local industry interested in supplying to the project to register against a specific work package (listed below).
A database of all suppliers that have registered against work packages will be supplied to major subcontractors for consideration within their procurement process. Stockyard Hill Wind Farm, Goldwind Australia Ltd and other major subcontractors may engage suppliers and subcontractors per their usual procurement processes, which may include tendering for specific work packages. Registration of an EOI does not guarantee a supplier will progress further in the procurement process.
Prior to engagement, potential suppliers will be required to complete necessary pre-qualification approval according to the requirements of the hiring company (main contractor or major subcontractor).
Goldwind Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology, a leading vertically integrated global wind power company offering comprehensive wind power solutions.
Goldwind Australia was established in 2009 and offers comprehensive services including R&D, project development, turbine manufacturing, project management and O&M services. Goldwind Australia has two operating wind farms, and large portfolio of wind and solar projects under construction and planned for construction to commence in 2018.
Stockyard Hill Wind Farm strongly encourages suppliers to contact ICN in the first instance to gain an understanding of the EOI process and capability development programs to improve their chances of gaining access to subcontracting opportunities.
For latest news on the SHWF, please refer to www.stockyardhillwindfarm.com.au
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Goldwind Australia for this project.
- Goldwind Australia will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of this project, project specific EOIs may need to be submitted.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.