About the Project
Hume City Council is redeveloping the Broadmeadows Town Hall into a place for community events and a business hub to support local jobs.
The reinvigorated Town Hall will include:
- a large multi-purpose hall
- meeting rooms
- spaces for business and employment
- conference facilities, and
- a gallery to showcase exhibitions and events.
The Town Hall has a special place in the hearts of many locals who share fond memories with the building, however as the building has aged, it has fallen out of use.
This re-invigoration of the building is a centrepiece of Hume Central: the Vision, a plan to regenerate the Broadmeadows town centre.
Design commenced on the $23.2 million redevelopment in 2016. $7 million was contributed from State Government and $16.2 million from Council to transform the culturally significant building into a landmark modern facility, tailored to meet the needs of residents and businesses in Broadmeadows, Hume and Melbourne's North.
About Hume City Council
Hume City Council is one of Australia's fastest-growing and culturally-diverse communities and is home to more than 198,000 residents.
Spanning a total area of 504 square kilometres, the City is located in Melbourne's northern fringe, just 15 kilometres from the centre of Melbourne.
Stage I - Expressions of Interest
Businesses who are interested in submitting an EOI can register their business and submit their EOI on the ICN Gateway at www.icngateway.com.au. A database will be provided to the Main Contractor and Major Subcontractors of companies that expressed interest during Stage I.
Please note: This EOI is open to businesses only. Individuals interested in working on the Broadmeadows Town Hall Redevelopment are advised not to respond to this EOI and await further information concerning work opportunities following the appointment of the Main Contractor.
Stage II - Further Information
Hume City Council in partnership with the Industry Capability Network (ICN), is keen to maximise the use of local business in this project. Following appointment of the Main Contractor an information forum will be held in Hume City Council for businesses that have registered an expression of interest to provide information about available work packages and bidding process for subcontracting or supply opportunities with the Major Subcontractors.
Stage III - Engagement of Contractors
The Main Contractor or Major Subcontractor may engage suppliers and subcontractors according to their normal procurement processes which can include tendering for particular work or negotiation of rates for particular work. Prior to engagement, companies will be required to complete a pre-qualification approval according to the requirements of the hiring company (Main Contractor or Major Subcontractor). In some cases this may include the payment of a fee to a third party for processing the pre-qualification application.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Broadmeadows Town Hall Redevelopment Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.