The Upper Yorke Peninsula Regional Road Network Upgrade Program aims to improve safety and efficiency for heavy vehicles, motorists and agricultural vehicles driving on roads in the Upper Yorke Peninsula.
A major component of the program will improve freight access between Ardrossan and Port Wakefield for road train access. The road between these towns represents a missing link in the Restricted Access Vehicle network for 36.5 metre road train vehicles and causes a freight productivity constraint for the Yorke Peninsula.
The program of works includes:
- A new roundabout at the junction of the Yorke and Copper Coast Highways.
- New overtaking lanes on the Yorke Highway.
- Bridge widening at Port Clinton.
- Safety improvements on Yorke Highway, north of Ardrossan.
- Upgrade of the intersection of the Curramulka to Port Vincent Road (known locally as Dans Road) and Minlaton to Port Vincent Road.
- Pavement rehabilitation on the Bute to Kulpara Road.
- Upgrades on the Copper Coast Highway between Paskeville and Kadina.
- Intersection upgrade Minlaton Yorketown Road and Minlaton Warooka Road.
- Shoulder sealing.
- Other intersection and junction upgrades.
Further Information: http://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/content/upperyorkeSHOW LESS