About Netflow Consortium
In November 2017, the Netflow consortium was selected as the preferred bidder to build the Western Roads Upgrade. The Netflow consortium is a Cintra and Plenary joint venture – as project sponsor, with WBHO Infrastructure as design and construction lead, and Ferrovial Services as services contractor.
About the Project
The scope of the Project includes the delivery of a package of Works and Services in Melbourne's Western suburbs. The Works comprise a series of eight road upgrade projects (the Initial Capital Projects) and rehabilitation of existing road pavements and structures within the Project Area (Initial Rehabilitation Works). The Project Area encompasses approximately 800 lane kilometres.
The following roads and associated structures are subject to upgrade works as part of the Initial Capital Projects.
- Dunnings Road and Palmers Road upgrade, Point Cook Road to Princes Freeway, Point Cook (approximately 2.8 km)
- Palmers Road upgrade, Princes Freeway to Western Freeway, Truganina (approximately 8.8 km)
- Derrimut Road upgrade, Sayers Road to Dohertys Road, Tarneit (approximately 3.5 km)
- Leakes Road upgrade, Fitzgerald Road to Derrimut Road, Truganina (approximately 8.4 km)
- Dohertys Road upgrade, Fitzgerald Road to Grieve Parade, Laverton North (approximately 4 km)
- Dohertys Road upgrade, Foundation Road to Palmers Road, Truganina (approximately 1.4 km)
- Princes Freeway/Forsyth Road interchange upgrade, Hoppers Crossing (approximately 1.5 km)
- Princes Freeway/Duncans Road interchange, Werribee/Werribee South (approximately 0.5 km)
The Services comprise performing routine maintenance and rehabilitation of VicRoads assets within the Project Area for a period of approximately 20 years following completion of the Works (Maintenance Period).
The Netflow Consortium is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from interested suppliers and contractors for a wide range of work packages that will be required to deliver the project. A list of work packages is being constantly updated and uploaded onto this ICN Gateway Page. Refer below for the current list of work packages.
RFP Closing Date: 2 August 2017
Announcement of Preferred Respondent(s): October 2017
Contract Close: December 2017
Transition Phase (for Maintenance): 6 months
Maintenance Phase (Initial): 3-4 years
Maintenance Phase (Full): 20-year period
For the Western Roads Upgrades scope of works, our focus is to assemble a team of subcontractors and suppliers that is well-resourced, understands delivery in the local context, brings strong local relationships, and addresses the state government aims of local industry involvement and development.
The Netflow Consortium is seeking Expressions of Interest from companies with capabilities in the following work packages:
Initial Capital Works
- Asphalt and Bitumen Seal, Supply and Placement
- PVC Pipe, Conduits and Fittings Supply
- Electrical and Telecommunication Pits Supply
- Traffic Signals Supply and Installation
- Quarry and Fill Material Supply
- Precast Stormwater Drainage RCP, RCBC and Pits Supply
- Kerb and Channel Subcontractor
- Ready Mix Concrete Supply
- Reinforcing Supply
- Precast Concrete Bridge Girders Supply
- Guard Fence Supply and Installation
- Bridge Rail, Parapet Rail and Anti-Throw Screens Supply and Installation
- Elastomeric Bearings and Expansion Joints Supply
- Precast Concrete Bridge Parapet Supply
- Piling Subcontractor (Supply and Construction)
- Bridge Girder Erection Subcontractor (Cranage)
- Concrete Pavement Subcontractor (Footpath, Traffic Islands, Medians etc.)
- Anti-Graffiti Coating Supply and Application
- FRP Subcontractor (Formwork, Reinforcing and Concrete Pouring)
- Structural Steelwork (Steel Bridge and Gantry Fabrication)
- Water and Sewer Main Relocations Subcontractor
- Stormwater Drainage Installation Subcontractor
- Reinforced Earth Retaining Walls (Design and Construct Package)
- Road Signs Supply and Install
- Landscaping Subcontractor
- Road Linemarking Subcontractor
- Road Lighting Subcontractor (Supply and Installation)
- Plant Hire
- Traffic Management Crews
- Traffic Management Equipment/Barrier Hire
- Rail Safety Officers
- Road Safety Audits and Traffic Management Design
- Vacuum Trucks/Sweepers Hire
- Site Office/Shed Hire
- Telecommunication Relocations Subcontractor
- Fencing Subcontractor (Supply and Install)
- Property Inspection and Dilapidation Report
- Labour Hire
- Precast Concrete Panels
- Geotextile and Subsoil Drainage Material Supply
- Pipe Jacking and Drilling Subcontract
- Tree Removal Subcontractor
- Road Furniture Supply
- Bus Stop Shelter Supply and Install
- Temporary Fencing Hire
- Surveying Services Subcontractor
- Concrete/Pavement Saw-cutting Subcontractor
- Asphalt/Pavement Profiling Subcontractor
- Contaminated Material and Construction Waste Disposal Subcontractor
- Steel Fixing Subcontractor
- Rigging and Assembling Structural Steel Bridge Members Subcontractor
- Geotechnical Services and Onsite Soil Testing
- Security Subcontractor
- Enviro/Heritage Consultant
- Retaining Walls Subcontractors
- Fuel Supply
- Service Locating and NDD Subcontractor
- Coloured Bus Lanes Subcontractor
- Demolition Subcontractor
- Subsoil Drainage Installation Subcontractor
- Plexiglass Supply
- ITS (Intelligent Traffic System) and CCTV Subcontractor
Rehabilitation and Maintenance Works
- General Chemicals Supply
- Landscaping Subcontractor
- Uniforms Supply
- Traffic Management
- Arborists Consultant and Subcontractor
- Road Sign Supply
- Road Linemarking Subcontractor
How to Register an Expression of Interest
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below. It is expected that additional work packages will be available following the briefing session.
- To submit an EOI for any of the Work Packages listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile that is complete and up to date. Please ensure that information on your 'Previous Significant Clients and Projects' is completed under the 'Summary' section of your ICN Gateway profile.
- All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to Netflow Consortium for this project.
- The Netflow Consortium will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It is important that businesses submitting an EOI are aware that their submission does not guarantee that they will progress further in the procurement process. Only companies that can demonstrate capability and capacity in accordance with the Consortium's standards will be invited to pre-qualify for specific opportunities.
- When the work packages are released for pricing, your company will be notified provided you have selected relevant capabilities in the Notification section of your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Register your interest as a full or partial scope supplier (where applicable).
- Respond to all project and work package specific questions (where applicable).
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.