The Victorian Labor Party has committed to build new and expanded facilities for Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health and the state-funded Orygen Youth Health Clinical Program in Parkville. The commitment is $60 million in funding to improve mental health care for young people in Victoria and Australia.
The new 8,500 square metre facility will provide and coordinate clinical facilities for the provision of services to up to 5,000 young people per year, and research and training facilities that will expand Orygens world-leading innovation and education services through the conduct of clinical trials and the provision of education to thousands of clinicians.
The build is expected to create approximately 300 jobs in construction, and accommodate 400 staff, including international research leaders, when completed and will also attract millions of dollars in additional research funds to Victoria.
The minimum level of local content set for this project is 90% for the Design and Construction phase as well as maximising the use of locally milled steel fabricated products where possible
Tenders for the Construction works are currently being evaluated and are expected to commence in 2017.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Orygen Redevelopment Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities