Ballarat Line Upgrade
The Victorian Government's $518 million upgrade of the Ballarat line will commence construction in 2018 and will include:
- duplication of 17 kilometres of track between Deer Park and Melton
- a replacement carpark at Rockbank station
- additional platforms at Bacchus Marsh and Ballan stations, and extended platforms at Rockbank station with new pedestrian links between platforms
- new stabling facilities at Melton and Rowsley, and the removal of stabling facilities at Bacchus Marsh
- a five kilometre passing loop at Ballan
- a four kilometre passing loop at Spreadeagle which will make it possible to close the existing Bungaree loop and remove five level crossings
- duplication of three kilometres of track west of Warrenheip
The removal of five level crossings as part of the decommissioning of the Bungaree loop will improve safety for motorists and the local community.
Project Website http://vic.gov.au/ballaratlineupgrade
The project is currently in the planning and design phase and this work will continue through 2017. Major construction works are expected to start in 2018 and be completed in 2020.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Ballarat Line Upgrade', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complementing a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.