To facilitate the timely construction of the project Sunshine Coast Council is identifying local industry capability required for various segments of the project. They intend to develop a comprehensive directory of interested and capable companies to provide to Council or Prime Contractor.
The Sunshine Coast Airport (SCA) Expansion project is being undertaken by the Sunshine Coast Council and Council has obtained State and Commonwealth Government bilateral Environment Impact Statement (EIS) approval.
The proposed Sunshine Coast Airport Expansion Project includes:
- A new 2,450 m long x 45 m wide runway aligned to the north- west/south-east (Runway 13/31)
- Two runway end taxiway loops
- Expansion of the apron at the existing terminal and connecting taxiways
- Expansion of the existing international terminal
- A new Air Traffic Control Tower
- Access road and utilities.
- Lighting and navigation aids.
Subject to Project Approval, this would lead to:
- Use of a shortened Runway 18/36 for General Aviation (light aircraft) only when weather dictates
- Closure of the existing secondary runway (Runway 12/30)
- Relocation of navigational aids
- Revised flight paths.
More details can be found on the Sunshine Coast Airport Project website:
Capability Requirements to enable consideration.
Council is committed to ensuring fair and reasonable access for all competent subcontractors and suppliers, especially those capable and qualified in the Sunshine Coast Region. To support that goal, this call for Expressions of Interest in specific capability categories is being published now to give local companies adequate time to assess their capabilities and where necessary upgrade these to standards required to be involved in the project.
The Expression of Interest Process
The selected Principal Contractor for the project will be expected to consider local companies in determining which are eligible and capable to be a supplier. All potential subcontractors and suppliers are encouraged to register their interest via the ICN Gateway website in order to be considered.
The intended Expression of Interest Process is summarised in the steps below:
1. Companies Complete ICN Gateway EOI & Tier Barometer Questionnaire.
2. ICN review all EoIs and prepare comprehensive report for Project Delivery Team.
3. Project Delivery Team team provide all EoIs to prospective Principal Contractors.
4. Principal Contractor reviews EoIs and selects Companies for further contact.
If not registered with ICN, Companies must create a profile on the ICN web page - Click here. All companies must complete the Tier Barometer self assessment of Company capacity and capabilities. To access the Tier Barometer Click here. A User Guide explaining how to create a company profile and register an EOI can be found via the link in the "Help" section at the bottom of this page.
All potential subcontractors and suppliers are encouraged to register their interest via the ICN Gateway website in order to be considered for any opportunities that become available.
Important Note: It is intended that individual work-packages will be listed on this page to allow local companies to express interest in due course. If your company has selected the right notification criteria, your company will be automatically notified through an email.