Craigieburn Sewage Transfer Hub
Melbournes Northern Growth Area (NGA) is expected to accommodate an additional 128,000 properties by 2040. Sewer flows from the area will exceed that which can be treated and re-used locally. As a result excess sewer flows require transfer to the metropolitan sewerage network for treatment at the Western Treatment Plant.
Sewage generated in the NGA will flow into the site of the existing Craigieburn Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) via the Amaroo Main Sewer, which is currently under construction, and the existing Aitken Creek Branch Sewer. The existing sewerage network between this location and the Northern Interceptor Sewer does not have capacity to accept peak sewer flows from the NGA. As a result the Craigieburn Sewage Transfer Hub (Transfer Hub) is required to transfer flows downstream and store flows temporarily when there is insufficient capacity in the downstream network. This is expected to occur during and/or immediately following wet weather events.
The Transfer Hub is a Sewer Flow Control Facility, with additional future functionality to split flow between two downstream catchments. In dry weather operation of the facility is typical of that of a Sewage Pump Station. The facility is to be constructed in a staged manner to allow for progressive expansion; stages will be timed to match the increase in sewer flows as the NGA develops. The initial stage of this project (Stage 1), is the subject of this Tender.
This project is part of Yarra Valley Waters broader sewage servicing strategy for the NGA, which includes new and upgraded sewage treatment facilities, new main and reticulation sewerage infrastructure and capacity upgrades within the existing sewerage network.
The Transfer Hub is located primarily at the site of the existing Craigieburn Sewage Treatment Plant at 420 Hume Hwy, Craigieburn. Initially the facility will have and capacity to transfer flows downstream at up to 300L/s and will include 30ML of storage capacity.
The Transfer Hub includes the following key elements:
- Excavation of approximately 120,000m3 of rock
- Stabilisation of cut batters and retaining wall construction
- Concrete works including manhole, sewage pumping facility, emergency relief structure and tank foundations slabs
- Site roadworks and drainage
- Sewage macerator, pumps and associated pipework valves and fittings
- Two 15ML circular storage tanks with sealed roof
- Air treatment facility
- Site electrical works and;
- assorted site steelwork
The minimum level of local content set for this project is 80%.
Tender closes - early August 2016
Construction Commences - End 2016
Construction Complete - Early to Mid 2018
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Craigieburn Sewage Transfer Hub Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.