The Victorian Government has identified education as its number one priority, recognising that education is critical for both a cohesive society and strong economy.
Watpac Construction, as part of the Learning Communities Victoria consortium, will deliver the New Schools Project PPP for the Victorian State Government. The consortium brings together the expertise of Watpac Construction as builder, Amber Infrastructure and Spotless Group to build and maintain the schools.
The New Schools Public Private Partnership (PPP) Project with a capital value of $291 million is Victoria's largest new school building project to date. This will see 15 high priority new government schools delivered across a number of Victoria's fastest growing metropolitan and regional communities including 4 schools within the Geelong region.
The schools are being constructed in two groups. The first group of schools opened for students in Term 1, 2017 in the Melbourne metropolitan area. The second group will open in Term 1, 2018 in and around the Geelong region.
Schools opening in 2018
- Armstrong Creek Education Precinct (Armstrong Creek) comprising mainstream Prep - Year 6 and special education Prep - Year 12
- Bannockburn - Prep - Year 12 School (Bannockburn) - including primary and secondary school components
- North Geelong Special Developmental School (Hamlyn Heights)
- Torquay North Primary School (Torquay North)
Local Industry Engagement Opportunity
Watpac Construction and ICN are committed to providing full fair and reasonable opportunities for capable local industry players to participate across its supply chain on this project reinforcing our commitment to local industry participation.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the project owner for this project.
- The project owner will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. The project owner will contact you directly if you are shortlisted to tender or quote.
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.