The project will deliver upgrades to Victoria's rail freight network to meet the increasing demand for freight services.
It will play an important role in supporting freight mode shift from road to rail, removing around 20,000 truck trips from our roads to the ports and improving safety for regional communities.
The project involves standardising the rail freight lines servicing the Murray Basin region in the north-west of Victoria. The project will also increase axle loading on these lines from 19 to 21 tonnes. These improvements will mean the freight industry in the Murray Basin region will be able to deliver exports to Victorias ports in a more efficient and cost-competitive way.
Most importantly, the Murray Basin Rail Project will reduce transport logistics costs for our industries and primary producers and ensure our rail network can meet the future freight demands of our state.
Following an assessment of the business case and consultation with freight industry and regional communities, the Andrews Labor Government has committed to the $416 million project, which delivers the most for regional Victoria. $220 million has already been committed by the Government to this project, and Victoria hopes to partner with the Commonwealth to help deliver the remainder of the funding required for this project. Project Website
This project is planned for release to market during Q3/2016.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Murray Basin Rail Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.