The Victorian Government has entered into a public private partnership contract with Evolution Rail.
Details in the next stage can be found by clicking through Associated Opportunities section below.
ICN Victoria is supporting industry engagement on the Victorian Government Melbourne High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT) project.
The Project requires the Project Consortium to design, construct, manufacture, operate, maintain and finance a Fleet 65 new HCMTs, a new Train Maintenance Facility, a new Light Service Facility (LSF) and two Simulators.
The HCMTs will provide a dedicated train fleet for the Cranbourne-Pakenham line and for Melbourne Metro (once it begins operation). The HCMTs will also boost capacity across the Metropolitan Rail Network through the redeployment of existing trains to other parts of the network. The new Depot in Pakenham East, which will include the Train Maintenance Facility, Simulators and a Stabling Yard, will enable efficient whole-of-asset-life maintenance outcomes and the flexibility to cater to the future rolling stock maintenance needs of the network. A new Light Service Facility will also be constructed at the existing Calder Park Site.
The State has set a 50% minimum local content requirement for the HCMT Fleet.
Respondents were required to demonstrate how they will boost local employment, training and investment through the delivery of new trains for Melbourne.
The minimum level of local content set for this project is:
50% for trains procurement; and
80% for the tram depot construction.
ICN National Passenger Rail Alliance
The ICN National Passenger Rail Alliance (NPRA) aims to provide a centralised mechanism for communication to Industry regarding the opportunities from key Passenger Rail projects around Australia, projects that have a cumulative estimated total value of approximately $20 billion including HCMT project.
The ICN NPRA initiative is supported by the Australian Commonwealth Government, via the Australian Industry Participation - Supplier Access to Major Projects (AIP-SAMP) Programme.
CLICK HERE for more details on ICN's NPRA.
This project generates opportunities in a variety of sectors.
If you believe your business has capabilities and experience relevant to this project and you would like to be considered as a subcontractor, please submit an expression of interest against the relevant work packages listed below.
Your details will be made available to the preferred consortium.
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to the preferred consortium for this project.
- The preferred consortium for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the preferred consortium to make direct contact with you.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'High Capacity Metro Trains Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.