Metro Tunnel Project
For Opportunities in the Construction phase, please click through from the 'Associated Opportunities' section below.
ICN VIC is supporting the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority with Industry Engagement on the Metro Tunnel Project by collecting the details of individual potential competent, capable, qualified and experienced suppliers across all levels of the Australasian supply chain.
The Metro Tunnel Project will deliver:
Twin nine-kilometre rail tunnels from Kensington to South Yarra, travelling underneath Swanston Street in the CBD, linking the Sunbury and Cranbourne/Pakenham line.
Five new underground stations at:
o CBD North
o CBD South
Rail tunnel entrances at Kensington and South Yarra.
Metro Tunnel Project timelines
2015 - 2016
Complete project Reference Design development
Planning and environmental approvals
Update business case
Q2 / 2016 - Enabling works planned release to market
Q4 / 2016 - Core package planned release to market
Finalise planning and environment approvals
Procurement for major construction contract
Works before major construction
Award major construction contract
Start major construction works
Melbourne Metro Rail Authority | Project Website
The Melbourne Metro Rail Authority (MMRA) is the Victorian Government authority responsible for delivery of the Metro Tunnel Project. MMRA is an Administrative Office established in relation to the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources and is tasked with delivering Metro Tunnel by 2026. MMRA is responsible for all aspects of the project including planning and development of a project reference design, site investigations, stakeholder engagement, planning approvals and procurement, through to construction delivery and project commissioning.
Metro Tunnel is one of Australia's largest ever public transport infrastructure projects and Victoria's most complex rail upgrade in decades. It presents a broad range of planning, development, communications and delivery challenges. MMRA has assembled a skilled team of highly experienced professionals from across the public and private sectors to ensure project objectives are achieved for the Victorian community.
Technical, Planning and Engagement Advisor: Aurecon Jacobs Mott MacDonald (AJM) Joint Venture
Commercial and Financial Advisor: KPMG
Legal Advisor: Herbert Smith Freehills
Constructability Advisor: Advisian
Cost Advisor: Aquenta
Probity Advisor: O'Connor Marsden
Established, capable, competent, competitive and qualified suppliers are encouraged to submit an initial Expression of Interest (EoI) to ICN VIC for the relevant options listed below under the 'Information Update' category:
1. Project Enabling works
2. Delivery & Construction
HOW TO REGISTER AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Package listed, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile. Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
- This is an initial, generic EOI submission only. All companies who submit an EOI will be included in information presented to potential bidders for this project.
- Bidders for this project will be provided with your detailed company profile outlining capabilities to supply into the project. It will then be the responsibility of the bidder to make direct contact with the company.
- As ICN Victoria becomes engaged on individual Work Packages of the 'Metro Tunnel Project', project specific EOIs may need to be submitted
- The services, programmes and initiatives provided by ICN Victoria are aimed at complimenting a company's existing Sales, Marketing and Business Development strategy and any EOI submitted should not be considered as an alternative to these activities.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.